Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puttering around

So I apologize ahead of time for the formatting (or lack thereof). I can't get blogger to do wat I want him to do....


I am a big fan of what my mom would call, "puttering around". Today I picked up Chanel from the vet (she got spayed), ran a few errands, bought cold medicine & a new thermometer at Walgreens, and made home-made biscuits from scratch.



I pack Clay's lunch every day, and for breakfast I usually send him a Jimmy Dean Sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. If I send him that then it saves money b/c he isn't running to McDonalds every morning. Well I took my home-made biscuits and filled them with turkey sausage, egg, & cheese. Healthier & cheaper! And oh so domestic:)

Household Notebook Segment #2
Next Step: Morning Routine and Evening Routine

My Morning Routine: (Things I need to do every morning)
Let the dogs outside to go to the bathroom.

Make the bed.

Quiet time: Devotional & Prayer

Shower and get dressed.

Check my calendar.

Empty the dishwasher.

Start a load of laundry if needed.

My Evening Routine: (Things I need to do every evening.)

Start the dishwasher.

Shine my sink!

Make tomorrows schedule.

Lay out tomorrows clothes for me & hubby.

Pack my school bag if I have school the next day.

Brush my teeth and take my vitamins.

Let girls outside. (Last thing I do before bedtime.)

Here are the forms I use for my morning and evening routines. I got them from online and then edited them to put in my own monogram (G), printed out one of each, put my routines in pencil (in case I need to add or delete things), and put them in a plastic sheet protector in my notebook (because I don't need to write on them very often). My notebook is just a 3-ring binder with clear pockets on the front and back.

Documents:
Evening Routine Document Morning Routine Document

So when I first started this whole thing my house was a huge mess. So the first week I did things a little differently than I do now. I decided which room was most important to me. For me it was our bedroom- having it clean makes me feel relaxed and literally helps me sleep easier. Week #1 I picked a different room every day and cleaned it top to bottom. The trick is that once a room is clean, I have to keep it clean. So after this week, I'll go on to the next step.

Day 1-bedroom
Day 2- Hallway, Sports room, Office
Day 3- Bathroom
Day 4- Living Room
Day 5- Front Porch & Front Yard
Day 6- Dining Room & Kitchen
Day 7- Catch up on what wasn't done.

No comments: